Friday, May 6, 2011

First prental appointment

Yesterday, we had our first official prenatal appointment with Dr. Hebert. Once again, I was filled with nervousness. Even more so this time than the first ultrasound. I had had so much time to be pregnant, feel pregnant, and I was so attached to it, losing would just kill me. I had no reason to think that anything was wrong, and in my heart of hearts, I didn't feel like anything was wrong, but my mind was just getting the best of me and I was a wreck.

The appointment was running behind, making the nerves all the worse. I was literally sweating and shaking. And then, it happened again. That little flicker appeared. Only this time, there was a BABY surrounding the little flicker! A real baby. Our baby. I couldn't help but giggle with giddy joy, but giggling kinda ruins an ultrasound picture so I tried to relax. A second later, looking at our baby, it began to move! I swear to you he/she was waving to mom and dad, letting them know that all was well. Just wiggling his/her arms and legs all over and filling my soul with more joy than I can describe. There were definately tears. A moment I will never, ever forget.

This is just the best... can't wait for another ultrasound in 4 weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment